On 19.12.2014, was held BIG’s meeting with majority of the members of the Board of Geospatial Information - BIG. The meeting is leaded by the Ministry of Public Administration and Innovation and Mrs.Milena Harito.
The agenda(the main goal/point) was the presentation and valuation of the existing situation of Geospatial information system, with support from the Statens Karterk to achieve Strategic Business Plan for ASIG by "MOG" consultant "MOG"
General Director General of ASIG, Z.Çala submitted a summary information about the work and activities of the ASIG in 2014, listing some of the most important achievements:
1. Creating Geoportal for geospatial data, which is accessible in the address http://geoportal.asig.gov.al.
2. Development of aerial photography project of the Republic of Albania + Scanning LIDAR, investment of the Albanian government reaching the figure of 3 million euros.
3. Scan the maritime territorial through a project between IGJU and Statens Kartvekt, about estimated to be 1.2 million euros.
4. Development of the project for redesigning the curriculum of the branch of geodesy at the Faculty of Engineering.
5. Creating for the first time physical VKM fund of compensation by the AKKP, mapped for 23,200 ha, 23,400 records and polygons.
6. Developing Strategic Business Plan ASIG by the “MOG” consultant.
7. Development of technical projects for building KRGJSH's. Ms. Minister Milena Harito highly appreciated institutional cooperation for the success of the aerial photography project of the Republic of Albania and highlighted the importance of the Geoportal, a portal that offers important information for parties interested. From the representative of the company "MOG", Mr. Dritan Agolli, introduced Strategic Business Plan for ASIG after going through a detailed analysis of the existing situation, and followed by projections afterwards. The project presented is divided into 4 phases:
• Planning - conception of Project
• Evaluation of the existing situation
• The main prospects and the objectives of BPS 4.
• The plan of management and action.
• Each phase was provided with a detailed presentation by the consultant.
• The participating members made positive comments about the presentation and the importance of the Strategic Business Plan for ASIG and suggestions regarding the further interagency cooperation.
5.On 16.07.2015, at 09:00, at the building "Ish-Inima" The second floor (Room Europa), Street Pope John Paul II, Tirana, was held regular meeting of the Board of Geospatial Information -BIG, with the participation of majority of its members. The meeting was chaired by Ms. Milena Harito by the Ministry of Public Administration and Innovation
The meeting discussed and approved according to the agenda following issues:
• The 5-year Strategic Plan for ASIG, introduced by the representative of the "MOG", Mr. Dritan Agolli.
• The Request for comments on the terms of reference for the establishment of the Albanian Information System for the Forest, presented by the Director of Forestry in the Ministry of Environment.
• The project VKM "On the planning and implementation of aerial photography of the Republic of Albania", presented by representatives of ASIG.
• The document "The standard State for the technical infrastructure specifications of geospatial information in Albania - the hydrography themes" and the respective project VKM, presented by representatives of ASIG.
• The progress of the project for Albanian Geodetic Reference framework, presented by representatives of ASIG.
• The data published in the National Geoportal of Geospatial Information, presented by representatives of ASIG.