1 . Sets priorities for collection of geospatial information from public authorities under the relevant topics.
2. Drafts regulations for processing and updating geospatial information from public authorities under the relevant topics.
3. Performs collection, processing and updating of geospatial information and metadata, from public authorities under the relevant topics.
4. Identifies public authorities responsible for creating, processing and updating of relevant geospatial data.
5. Makes decisions and establishes deadlines for cartographic data collection according to approved standards and their storage at ASIG.
6. Monitors the implementation of the regulatory framework established by Law 72/2012 "On the organization and functioning of the national infrastructure of geospatial information in the Republic of Albania", and bylaws adopted under this law.
7. Ensures, approves and recommends activities taking initiatives related to geospatial information in the public and private sectors.
8. Arranges for education and increasing the capacities of stakeholders involved in the processes related to national infrastructure of geospatial information.